Thursday, March 27, 2014

Just Relax...

It seems like I get a little sappy and sentimental around this time of year, and then again in the fall, specifically around October 17th. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the tacking on of another year to one of my babies.

Last year at this time, I was prepping for a car-and-truck themed 2-year-old birthday party.

We were in our old house, it had been on the market for one month (one month of the second go-around), and because we were going at it By Owner, my phone was ringing regularly... all. day. long.

Our garage was full of boxes still packed from the first attempt at selling the house, and much of what I wanted to use for the upcoming party was somewhere in that jungle.

It was a stressful time for all of us, but somewhere within it all there was this...





The phrase "bloom where you are planted" comes to mind when I think back to last year at this time. I remember trying to picture the following spring in a new place, maybe with some chicks somewhere around the house, a new garden, our boxes unpacked... it would almost bring me to tears because it felt like it would never happen.

The funny thing to me is the realization that all that worrying and stress didn't influence the outcome one bit. The blips here and there when I shoved it all out of my mind and focused on the present are what linger with me now, and by far they were more influential within the day than the time I spent fretting.

Photo credit

So now, one year later and kicking off the first spring in our new place, I take this lesson with me and I try to remember to just relax... because truly, nothing is under control.

1 comment:

  1. I love that slogan- though it does make my heart race a bit!

    ReplyDelete