Monday, March 17, 2014

Right Now











Right now I'm as giddy as a school girl. Lookie what I got this weekend! Methinks me gets chickens this season! I can't believe it. I really thought we'd be putting off this project until next spring... but family came together, decided that was unacceptable, and lo and behold an early birthday present for yours truly in 48 hours.

I still can't believe it.

A chicken fortress with around a 10-bird capacity that will be ready to go after only a few more finishing touches. Holy cow, I can start shopping around for chicks! So this is what it feels like when dreams start coming true.

Side note- notice how everyone's wardrobe changes as the project progresses? We apparently picked the worst weekend of the month to build this thing. It rained half the day on Saturday (I mean Rained with a capital 'R'), then got to the point of almost freezing by the end of the day on Sunday (hence the towels on the beds in the last few pics, tucking in the first little sprouts of spring). 

Among other things today, I'll be researching what types of birds I'll want to start out with, where they'll come from, and what types of supplies I'll need in the beginning.

Did I just type that? I still can't believe it.

Happy, happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment