Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mornings With Him



As the days grow longer and warmer, I am acutely aware of the looming day when Henry will head off to school with Sissy to start his first day of Kindergarten and I'll be left with the majority of the days to myself.

It'll be a bittersweet day for me- I had to totally reinvent myself to be able to find contentment at home- all day long, solo- with immature little people. Now I'll have to morph into something new again and I'm not sure what that'll look like quite yet. I have my ideas, but I'll have to figure it out as I go because who really knows, ya know?

But for now- as March draws to a close and only a couple more months of school plus the summer is all that sits between me and redefinition- I'm making a conscious effort to savor these days with my Last Little At Home. Through the pouting, the goofiness, the projects and the errands I am trying my best to soak it all in and never take for granted this time left with him. I know it'll be just as amazing to watch him in a new role as classmate and friend... but I will forever treasure these mornings with him- just him- at the end of quite an era.

1 comment: