Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dear Dad...


Dear Dad,

When I wrote my note to Mom last month, it got my wheels turning about you, too. Just like with her, I realize now how inadequate my 'thank-you's have so frequently been... I have always felt true gratitude whenever did I say thank you, but behind them all there have always been these unspoken thanks:

Thank you for busting your ass, Dad. Always. Every day. Selflessly for us all.

Thank you for hovering. I really mean that. I never realized- in the moment- that I was getting a message, over and over, that you cared... but I did.

Thank you for your goofiness, your humor, and your quick wit.

Thank you for always just being there; there when I needed something, there when I thought I didn't need anything, there even when it was really, really inconvenient for you.

Thank you for letting me be alone when I needed it; thank you for letting me go when it was time.

Thank you for teaching me the value of hard work, the value of the money earned from hard work, and the importance of planning and budgeting.

Thank you for always talking so openly about the hard stuff, thank you for your honesty, thank you for your patience.

Thank you for being an amazing Pappy.

Thank you for being an amazing Dad.

Love,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment