Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Mom...



Dear Mom,

I don't think I've ever had enough understanding and meaning behind my 'thank-you's to you over the years. You always used to say, "You'll understand when you're the mom," but the irony is that didn't even mean much at the time...

But now I am a mom, and holy cow, do I owe you an entirely different kind of thank-you... so here it goes:

Mom, thank you for forever changing your body for me. Thank you for completely reinventing yourself and changing your goals, your hobbies, and the way you spend your time because of me.

Thank you for researching and studying for me. Thank you for learning more about me than I even knew about myself. Thank you for teaching me.

Thank you for feeding me, clothing me, and cleaning up after me, especially all those times I didn't even notice.

Thank you for not hurting me, strangling me, or killing me. Thank you for loving me even when you didn't like me. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for letting me fail, letting me be alone, letting me go.

Thank you for hearing me, thank you for your honesty, thank you for being a mom first and a friend second.

Thank you for your example, sharing your wisdom both from successes and failures, and your encouragement.

Thank you for being an amazing Mimmy.

Thank you for being an amazing Mom.

Love,
Courtney

LY&LY

No comments:

Post a Comment