Monday, April 2, 2012

Right Now

Right now, I'm loving...


...parenting epiphanies, and toasting my parents on the back porch at sunset. I had an ah-ha moment this weekend while sipping honey mead and watching the sun go down, peacefully, and by myself... I was thinking back to when I was a kid, laying in bed all those summer evenings while it was still light, listening to the other kids still playing outside, and swearing I'd never do that to my kids- never make them go to bed while the weather was nice and the other kids were still up- the cruelty! Thinking these thoughts- my own kids laying in their beds while the ample daylight slowly dimmed- ah-ha. Now I understand. I got it... and I sipped my wine... and I breathed deeply... and I toasted my parents- them so long ago, and them now.


May the week begin with epiphany and appreciation for everyone. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment