Thursday, April 19, 2012

Audrey's Play, Part 1

At the end of the day, as I shuffle around the house picking up "kid piles" and putting the house back together, I find myself more and more frequently chuckling, scratching my head, or downright laughing out loud at the paused moments of imaginative play I find here and there.

The discoveries of these glimpses into the games and scenarios that Audrey works out- all on her own- throughout the day have become a source of joy for me, and I realized I was dangerously close to taking them for granted... I mean, it seems like something that will always here, just around the corner... a pile or an arrangement or an intentional collection of odds and ends that only she will ever fully know the purpose of, but let's be honest... it's only a matter of time before getting some insight into her processes becomes way more enigmatic.

My solution? Capture and preserve as many of these peeks into Audrey's World as possible, so when they disappear, I can look back and remember, and maybe chuckle, scratch my head, or laugh out loud again at her sweet, quirky play (and try to keep my camera handy for as many more as I can be lucky enough to stumble upon).

*Note: absolutely none of these pics were staged, they were photographed exactly as I found them.

 







 

Sometimes what I find is pretty self-explanatory, while other times have me wondering what in the world was going through her head... but oh, how I love them all. I can't wait to see what else she leaves for me to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment