Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Henry's Handmades

I had fun making a few things for Henry's birthday this year, and promised a quick look at what I worked on here in this space. I didn't forget, I've just been... a little short on time lately. However, after admitting to myself that the time deficiency will more than likely be perpetual, I have since made myself dig out what was gifted and take a few quick pics to share.

Now, be kind... I am by no means a master seamstress, nor a photographer... in fact, I didn't realize until composing this post that the light in the room I was in was really just terrible... That being said, here are Henry's Handmades, and the inspiration behind them.

Audrey's and Henry's birthday crowns- cardboard, felt, and embellishments

Find the inspiration to make your own here

New this year- Birthday Bags- muslin, cotton scraps, and rick-rack


 

Another new tradition this year- cotton Height Scrolls



Find the inspiration to make your own here
We, of course, have to make one of everything for Sister, too, and her Height Scroll is still in the works. I plan on transposing her height markings from our pantry door to the scroll before shifting her to the birthday-mark tradition (we were measuring her twice a year). She hovered around me the entire time I worked on Henny's, saying, "Will you make me one, too, Mama?"

Of course.

So there you have it, the all-consuming little projects that took heart, soul, and anything "spare" around here, and were gifted to a little guy who won't even remember them... or at least, he'll never remember not having them, and that's kinda a cool thought.

Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment