Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Quiet, Dark Day


It is wet and cold and wet some more over here today. Yesterday mid-running errands (me wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt and no jacket) a cold front blew in- 24 hours earlier than the last prediction I saw said it would- and the temperature dropped 25 degrees in 15 minutes. It had been rainy and muggy up until then, and today it's still rainy, but now it's cold

Even though it was no fun to run all our errands yesterday in the pouring rain- and later in the freezing pouring rain- I am so glad I have no where to go today except to school and back as the kids' schedules demand. Today I will feel no pangs of guilt as I stay in leggings and my oversized sweater, finishing off laundry, working at my computer, and finally making that apple scrap jelly that's been waiting for my attention...



...and I think Rory is wishing I'll also curl back up in bed with him at some point, though he'll probably have to wait for me until after the kids go to bed! It's on my to-do list, though, no worries.

Oh, and apparently we're not the only ones taking advantage of this quiet, dark day...




...looks like our local pests think us staying inside all day means an open invitation for them to just wander around as they please! I think it's getting to be about time I reached out to our trapper friend from last year... lemme see if I can clear my busy schedule today and fit that in.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment