Monday, December 18, 2017

A Week of Elving, Day 1

I think it just wouldn't feel like the holidays were drawing near if there wasn't something being made around these parts. Happily, this seems to be a mutual feeling for more than one person in my family, and that usually means I can easily find willing little elves to lend a hand when the project calls for it. This week I'll be sharing a few of the things we're currently making, which when in progress we call 'Elving.'



A few of the things you can regularly find us making this time of year could probably be called 'family classics' at this point. One of my favs has got to be the pjs I make/assemble for gifting in the kids' Solstice bag (remember it's first appearance?). Kinda a surprise, kinda not, it's really just about taking full advantage of the few years I have left wherein my kiddos don't mind matching! (My go-to pj pant how-to is from The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule)






Another classic has become at least one batch of over-frosted, over-sprinkled, brightly colored sugar cookies we always make together to share with our neighbors...








...and of course we'll have to make time for hot chocolate to go with 'em! The perfect way to kick off a week of festive- and sometimes frantic- Elving!

So... what are your go-to, must-have, classic homemades this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment