Monday, April 24, 2017

Right Now




Right now, I'm...

...snuffling and coughing and hating whatever has been in the air for the past week or two. I'm so over these seasonal allergies.
...planning how I'm going to put my lovely pile of rotted horse manure to work, and hoping whatever I plant from this point forward will have enough time to establish itself before it gets too hot!
...marveling at the comparison of my garden space our first spring here vs. now.
...smiling at the third or fourth "Hoppy" that was found and loved this weekend, and the plans the kids have to go back out and find him when they get home from school, build him a house, and find him "greens and bugs and things" so he'll stick around. I hope they do find him...
...feeling antsy for the sun to come up so I can go check on my feather girls, who spent their first night outside in the big girl coop!
...putting another hive inspection on my to-do list for this week. I need to get out there and make sure everyone has enough room, and I'm curious to see how that queen cell panned out in Middle Hive!
...indulging in a little look back on this day a couple years ago.
...loving that last photo from this weekend: my big boy who still conks out in the afternoon and wakes up smiley and happy, like he as since he was a baby.

Right now I'm stuck in that Spring current of energy that always makes me feel both motivated and overwhelmed, like I should be purging and creating equally, and which always makes the hours in the day seem to fly by with super speed. How thankful we are that the daylight hours are growing longer!

My we all find a way to channel that energy to our advantage this week. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment