Thursday, July 25, 2013

Corners of Our New Home, Part I

I had an epiphany this week, during a particularly intense wave of overwhelm from all that still needs to be done around the house: focus on the kid spaces.

Of course.

These little people who have been so completely displaced, who can't even go play outside yet because there are no established boundaries or safe zones, need a Place.

So I did. I focused on their bedrooms, and one at a time, they started coming together.







Once I put his (very basic, single-panel-once-was-an-Ikea-sheet) curtain up, he ran over and said "I looove it!" Then he jumped on his bed for about five minutes, and it felt just right- it felt like his room.

I still want a few more things on the walls, and maybe a better system for storing his little odds-n-ends things like his magnifying glass and glow-in-the-dark snake, but it feels pretty good in there all the same.

Now, on to Sissy's room...........

No comments:

Post a Comment