Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Project for Henny

I didn't think I was such a sentimental person... that is, until I had kids. Talk about learning about yourself. Wow.

Our Caboose is turning 2 in about a month, give or take. (Technically he should be turning two on March 22nd, but we all know how that went, don't we?) I always try to do a little something handmade for my kiddos on their special days, and I was having trouble coming up with something I could make for our Little Man that he'd like and use.

Then, about a week ago, I was cleaning out kid closets, lamenting the pace at which they are both outgrowing beloved outfits, and it hit me- make Little Linus a blanket. Not just any blanket, oh no... a blanket out of scraps from the jammies and shirts that we so readily associate with his second year. Eureka.

So as time has allowed I've been sneaking up to a corner of our 'home office,' cutting up footie sleepers and t-shirts, and piecing them together. A piece of fleece for the middle, the blanket he came home from the hospital with for the back, and a sense of satisfaction and sentimentality enough to go around.

Now, if only I could find more than 20 minutes at a time to work on this thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment