Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Walk in the Woods














I get it. It's December 1st. It's supposed to be chilly, gray, and enjoyed from inside sweaters and fuzzy socks while surrounded by sparkly ornaments and consuming steaming hot beverages. It would be easy to pout about the lack of these conditions, for sure. But if I give in to the urge to cross my arms and lament how things are 'supposed' to be right now, before I know it it will be June and 108 and I'll be longing for these 77-degree late autumn days.

Our Christmas tree will go up soon enough. We'll huddle around our fireplace again, I'm sure of it... and maybe, just maybe, I'll get to wear all of my sweaters at least once before packing them away.

For now, though, all I need is an afternoon walk in the woods, and a few whispers to myself of, "This is beautiful. This is now. This is just right."



No comments:

Post a Comment