Monday, December 21, 2015

Sentimental Fool









The first Monday of Audrey's holiday break, when technically no one has to get up early (except for Daddy, doh) and what am I doing? Not sleeping in... I'm looking through old holiday photos.

I'm a sentimental fool y'all.

I'm sitting here in the semi-darkness with rapidly cooling coffee, tearing up and clicking away.

In my defense, though, how does one appreciate the present without a touch of the bittersweet from things that have already passed? Not to get all Dickens on ya, but that really is the only way to celebrate the holidays and be fully aware of how special- how fleeting- these moments really are. You can't get hung up on the things that haven't been done, the stuff still to do, the little reasons here and there why you feel things aren't quite perfect because there are still so many good things going on... and if you don't look up and appreciate the good, you'll miss out on it all (and yes, I'm aware of the fact that I'm mostly directing that at myself).

Point in case: just look at these babies!


Time flies, y'all. *sniff, sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment