Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eating Out

All I remember from last summer is heat, hot, burning sun, sun burns, overheating, and unwavering, unreasonable, extended daytime highs that seemed to start before 7am.

I feel like we were already well into it by this time last year, too. I don't know if that's true, but I feel like I remember it starting this early.

I am relieved to say it hasn't gotten that bad around these parts so far this year. Not yet, anyway. For us, that means a lot more time outside than what we were able to manage last year... and that translates to eating outside a lot more, much to our joy!



Not on the breakfast menu, but indeed part of the entertainment, was a found cicada (already, um, 'still') that, this Mama is proud to report, both kiddos curiously inspected- looking, turning, touching, and taking turns with the awe-inspiring prize!




We love when we get the chance to take our breakfast to the picnic table and eat out... what a morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment