Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Right Now




Right now, I'm...

...chilly! We're having Real Fall weather around these parts (right now anyway), and it's finally justified us bringing out long-sleeved t-shirts, soup recipes, and warmer blankets. We've just started planning Halloween costumes, and this year they may need to be long-sleeved!
...noticing how much more cuddly Rory gets when the warmer blankets come out.
...having to explain- multiple times- why we can't have a house pig, thanks to the little potbellies the kids got to meet at their school fall festival.
...craving kettle corn! I bought a bag of "caramel corn" at the fall festival, but have since lost my appetite for it after reading the ingredients (imitation butter-flavored popping oil, soy...?) and am thinking I may have to have a go at making it myself (eyeballing this recipe).
...laughing at a little song I found in the playroom written by my Littles at their finest.
...loving the regular fly-overs we're seeing of migrating Canadian geese! Most of the time they're actually pretty low, too, and their honks can be heard from quite a ways off. Fall magic.

Right now, I'm doin' my usual beginning-of-the-week thang, except wearing a fleece pullover with the windows wide open. I'm working apple pie and kraut broca into our menu for the week, planning our pumpkin carving for this weekend, and in general feeling very much like it's Fall.

Yuuuussssssssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment