Monday, January 27, 2014

Right Now








Right now, I'm loving a weekend that saw...

...another warm-up, complete with a Sunday that reached 71 degrees, which kept us all outside.
...the chance for me to use my new machete on the invasive scrub that's been my biggest adversary in my battle to bring our woods back around to a more healthy ecosystem.
...the chance for the hubs to use the new log splitter and replenish our firewood.
...allergy attacks on all four of us, which have added to the difficult nights we're (still) having.
...a late Saturday afternoon bonfire (mainly to get it out of the way of my garden spot so we can start work out there!), complete with potatoes baked in the ashes, a weenie roast, and marshmallows just before bedtime.
...a visit from a good gal-pal, a few cold ones, and an introduction to a new series I'm now addicted to.
...a few uninterrupted hours to flip through another chapter in my latest, The Art of Simple Food II, and find even more inspiration for my budding garden designs (pun intended).
...another glimpse of the local coyote pack at sunset, a blustery night to end the weekend, and a Monday morning with temps back below freezing and a windchill of 19 degrees!

This weekend we spent our days in the sunlight, an evening gathered around a bonfire, and our nights with our quilts kicked off our beds. This morning we'll find ourselves gathered around the fireplace, withdrawn back inside again, wrapped in throws and sweaters. This weather is a fickle thing, but at least it gives us beautiful weekends!

And honestly, there's something to be said about the beauty of the hearth when the blustery wind is biting at the eaves, too, don't you think?

Here's to finding beauty as we kick off our week! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment