Thursday, March 14, 2013

Evolution




I used to joke- when I was childless and working as a social worker popping in and out of various school campuses- that I would have kids simply for the kid art.

We'd all laugh... but deep down, some part of me wasn't kidding.

Now, don't get me wrong, that is not why we chose to be parents. It's a big perk, though, and I'm over the moon for the budding artist among us. She has a classic case of Do-The-Opposite-Of-What-You-Think-Anyone-Wants-You-To-Do-itis, so I have completely refrained from guiding her toward crayons and paper. This is something she has been pulled to all on her own, and finding little scraps of paper here and there with the evolution of smiling people, flowers, a sun (first sun ever!), and random letters (some spelling "Henry" or "Audrey") has been a joy in my heart.

I can't wait to see what else she'll come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment