Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eight Years

I remember our first kiss like it was yesterday.

I remember meeting each of your family members for the first time, and introducing you to mine.

I remember the first time I called you 'My Boyfriend.'

I remember the goofy dates, the long distance, the calls, the outings, the times together, and the time apart.

I will never forget that walk around campus that ended at the Century Tree.

For the life of me, I can't remember much about that walk in the church that ended with you standing beside me, but I will always remember the words we spoke to each other, and I will always remember that you'll always be beside me.

There has been a lot since then; hard stuff, scary stuff, and so so much more that I will treasure forever...


...and eight years is only a drop in the bucket when you are spending them with your match in every way.

Happy Anniversary, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment