Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cattails

Remember this post? Well, my Mama warned me when I brought those cattails into the house... warned me that one day, they'd go to seed all over my house, and there'd be nary a warning. She told me I should seal them, or spray them, or maybe just not have them in the house at all. Well, I didn't listen, now, did I? And for more than 5 months, those things held up and proved her wrong... until last Thursday, when for some reason, all 16 of them decided to go to seed at the same time. On my dining room table. With no warning... just like Mama said. *sigh*

It's amazing how fast those seeds explode from the stalk, and how many of them there are. Ahem.

Anyway, so lesson learned, and most of the seeds are now cleaned up from most of the house, and the remaining cattails are now exiled to the backyard where they can no longer surprise and complicate... much to this girl's delight...






She just loves to go outside, find a cattail that's not completely gone, make "bubbles" in the seeds, and watch them fly away on the breeze. Fine with me, as long as those bubbles stay outside from now on! Oh, those cattails.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment