Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Chickens Meet Chickens





We intermingled our chickens this weekend. The littler girls spent two nights in the chicken tractor within the yard with the big girls, and yesterday I let them all out. Libby didn't care one bit, but Paprika spent about half the day chasing the flock of teenagers around the yard and picking out a feather here and there whenever she got the chance.

At night I'm still having to go out and gather the blob of babies and move them into the hen house to roost, but I think they'll get the hang of it soon enough.


So far they all seem a little suspicious of each other, but they're making it work. I feel confident it won't be long before they're one big happy family.






And now that the old chicken coop is vacated, I can't help but let my mind wander to who the next occupants could be................................ turkeys? Geese? Guineas?


Don't you think my flock could use a little more flair?

No comments:

Post a Comment