Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Office Art

In my new office I have three gray walls, a wall with a window and door, a desk, a chair, and an empty shelf. That is all.

When I first started, my office was kind of the catch-all for the things no one else wanted in their offices. I had the worst chair in the entire building. I had a lot of chevron-striped nick-knacks, and I had one of the ugliest mass-produced printed-canvas "paintings" ever.

The metal circles were not part of the canvas, that was a different decor thing... 

When I let it be known that I too did not want the pixelated circle "art," I was told it would be sent to the second-hand shop... so I asked if instead of tossing it, could I maybe take it home and repaint it? I mean, if it was going to be thrown out anyway, I couldn't really do much harm trying my hand at recycling it, right?

So I took it home, I primed it with Kilz, and I got to recyclin'...





...and now I have something to look at that's upgraded a bit from gray and shelves and gray (and I got a new chair, too).

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious to find out what blog system you are working with?

    I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest
    blog and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any
    suggestions?

    ReplyDelete