Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Right Now




Right now, I'm...

...having to make lists just to keep track of all my other lists! Spring Break travel prep is in full swing over here!
...beginning to be able to smell and taste a little again- not sure which tree pollen I've been reacting to lately, but I'm starting to feel hopeful that I'm on the mend. I miss tasting my morning coffee!
...making daily trips out to the garden beds with the Littles again, watching and rejoicing over every new little sprout. Some of the seeds we've planted so far were so old we worried they wouldn't germinate (like, some of the seeds were collected from our original garden). However, life surprises us all, and they are awakening! Well, some of them are, anyway. We're still waiting on the parsley.
...noticing that our bees are finding our garden, even if only for a sip of water when we get the hose after the sprouts. It won't be much longer before there's something growing in this space for you too, ladies!
...feeling so proud of my Kid of Character, who by unanimous school staff vote was awarded for his outstanding demonstration of kindness, compassion, honesty, courage, empathy, and trustworthiness, and who gets to sport this sign in his front yard for the next six weeks! It kinda feels like my award, too, because isn't that what every parent wants of their kiddo(s)? So proud!

Right now I'm spending every waking moment trying to balance the usual day-to-day stuff with the fortifying of the ol' homestead for our time away next week. We have lots of prepping and packing to do, plus school and work and evening classes and activities and friends and pets and chores... you know, the usual.

Whew!

Break time is over, I better get back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment