Thursday, June 30, 2016

Right Now


Right now, I'm...

...drinking waaay more coffee than what I'd consider 'normal' for me, but I've been needing it, y'all!
...slowly trying to scrape together a little normalcy between out-of-town and out-of-state family visiting, rescheduled playdates, irrigation crews, the second visit from the shower glass installers, and the upcoming 4th of July holiday.
...feeling thankful that we're still pulling together breakfasts, lunches, and dinners this week after missing our usual trip to the grocery store.


...loving how much reading is going on this summer, independent of any pressure or suggestions from Mama.
...eyeballing this new-to-me novel and a new read-aloud book for me to share with the Littles, wondering if I should maybe jump on the summer reading bandwagon, projects and chores be damned!


...noticing a little red, white, and blue creeping into the early weekend gearing-up- snacks, shirts, and now toes!
...dreading the arrival of the 100's in our forecast... summer is definitely not my favorite season (also note to self: get chicken mister ready).
...thinking Mama and Daddy might make it a point to join the kids in/on the blow-up water slide this weekend!


...relishing the quiet times of play here and there when I can sneak in and catch my kiddos together for the last summer before they're both in school, imagining some plot or adventure and getting along while they're at it.

Right now I'm bidding farewell to June with a glass of iced coffee, bug spray strategically positioned by every exit, and a maturing farmer's tan from all the projects that have been pulling us outside despite ourselves... and although summer is truly my least-favorite season, I'm not finding it hard to find things that are pretty great about it so far.

Happy last day of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment