Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Carvin' Time!

Visit to pumpkin patch: check.

Cooler weather: check.

Week of Halloween: check.

It's carvin' time!






I love having pumpkins sitting around in artsy little piles around my house. Don't get me wrong, though- those pumpkins are destined for more than decor. Pies. Jack-O-Lanterns. Chicken feed. You get the idea. This past weekend it was time for a few of them to realize their destiny.

Last year I discovered the merit of incorporating power tools into our carving process. This year I started with the RotoZip. Oh yes, it will forevermore be a pumpkin carving thing for us. Love.


From left to right: Audrey's, Gramps's, and Henry's (who didn't want to give up his marker and thus waaaaay over-designed his pumpkin).


Audrey's Jack-O-Lantern 


Gramps's Jack-O-Lantern 

Henry's Jack-O-Lantern

Halloween was never my fav holiday... it might have ranked around 4th or 5th for most of my youth really... but these days it's working it's way up. I think having kids has had something to do with it's promotion........


Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment