Tuesday, July 24, 2018

2018 Honey Harvest

I harvested honey almost all day this past Saturday, y'all... but none of it was from my bees! My poor girls have had a hard year, and I'm actually feeding them right now. I took them down to one deep apiece (or I will once they've finished cleaning everything up), and I've also begun the slow culling process for all that dark, dirty old wax that should have come out of their boxes last season.


In the process of cleaning up some of the culled frames tonight, I made a surprising and happy discovery- a tiny patch of capped honey! I had no idea there was anything "surplus" out there at all. Do you know what this means?!


I got to harvest some of my own honey this year! And I refuse to feel bad that it's only a couple tablespoons, because my girls worked their bee butts off for it and I am soooooooo grateful to have it!

Just about made my day, too. Thanks, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment