Thursday, May 26, 2011

Morning


This morning, it is actually in the 60s with low humidity... a rarity, especially considering how close we are to June! With both kiddos still in dreamland, the morning chores handled, a pot of oatmeal bubbling away on the stove, and the crisp morning air coming through the kitchen window, I couldn't resist a walk through the garden. I (almost giddily) headed out before the sun had totally cleared the house, with coffee in one hand and camera in the other, to soak up some of that magical early morning light. I wasn't disappointed.

















One of my favorite ways to spend some 'me' time is to take a walk through the paths that represent so much work, and watch as things blossom and grow. I almost always discover something new, pick something lovely, and come away feeling simultaneously accomplished and humbled. Oh, and did I mention the other visitors that have been eying my cultivations?


They've stayed on the other side of the creek so far (yes, they), and it better stay that way! This garden only has room for one hungry admirer!

No comments:

Post a Comment