Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another Gratitude Challenge

It's that time of year again; when you start seeing daily posts of what someone has remembered they're grateful for every time you long in to your preferred social media... well, this is no exception.

OK, it is a little different. I won't post every day. Just today, and then on the last day of the month.

What will I be posting? Well, just like last year, I'm participating in Positively Present's Gratitude Challenge (again). It's an exercise for me, really, because so many things in our day-to-day lives unintentionally fall into the Taken-For-Granted column. This project helps me rediscover, for example, just how thankful I am to have a washing machine... which then leads me to remember how grateful I am that we have clothes that are seasonally appropriate and in good shape, and ultimately that we have clean, running water. You see how it works? Pretty effective (for me anyway). It's like photo-meditation (see my full explanation for why I like photo projects here).

Anyho, there's a fresh new list of inspirational words for the month of November up on Positively Present's blog, and I plan on using them to guide my focus and keep me present in the whirlwind that is the second-to-last month of the year. 

If you want to play along, hop on over to Positively Present's Gratitude Challenge, take a look at the prompts, snap your daily photo, and at the end of the month compile them into a single blog, instagram post, etc. and link up with everyone over at Positively Present and at The Family Ware, in the comments.



It'll be fun!

It'll be a bit of a challenge!

You up for it?

Join in, and share your gratitude. 

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment