Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekending




Thanksgiving brings a terrible chore,
'Cause I'm forced to eat, then eat some more.
If I don't eat it up right down to dessert,
I fear the cook's feelings will surely be hurt, 
So I do my part, even though I suffer 
To be a good guest, I'm a belly-stuffer.
~Karl Fuchs

I am so grateful. Grateful for my family, grateful for so many who love us and want to be with us, grateful for our mobility and ability to travel, grateful for so many darned good cooks willing to slave away, grateful for the good attitudes and appetites of my babies, and grateful to be back home again.

What a holiday! 

Wishing all a weekend full of leftovers of all the good stuff- gratitude, cheer, and of course the spoils of the feast. 




Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment