Monday, August 22, 2016

Second and K


It has finally happened. Both of my Littles are away at school, my biggest Little in second grade and my littlest Little in kindergarten.



Sister didn't even look back when I walked her to her new classroom. She just marched right in, put her backpack away like she'd done it a thousand times, and plopped down in her seat with a big grin on her face. I had to call to her to get her to wave at me as I left.

Little Brother held my hand the whole way down to his classroom, and smiled joyfully the whole time his teacher was showing him where his lunchbox would go and which cubby was his. He blew me a kiss as I backed out of his new space, and I was a little wobbly walking back out to my car by myself.

They're gonna knock everyone's socks off... and I'll find my way around these open days, I'm sure.

After all, if they can own these changes with such happiness and optimism, so can I. Right?

I can't believe my babies are so big...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment