Tuesday, August 9, 2016

My New German Crock

I got a new fermentation crock from my mama! It's one of those German crocks with the little channel the lid sits in that you fill with water to keep the buggies out. It's so preeeetty.


We filled it right up as soon as I opened it (well, practically as soon as I opened it). I just happened to have a couple heads of cabbage sitting in my fridge, almost like I was anticipating a good reason to have them on hand...

I think my Littles were almost as excited as I was to get things started; they are, after all, expert cabbage pounders.



In no time at all we had the veggies packed, the weights down, and the lid resting in it's watery rim.

Now I have cabbage and salt bubbling away on my counter top again, thanks to the mysteries of the microbial world, and I can't wait for it to be ready... because then I'll get to fill it up with something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment