Monday, October 29, 2018

Lanterns








With a break in the rain, a warm breeze blowing, and that golden autumnal light I love so well, we took our pumpkins out to the picnic table for their transformation today. This year was a big deal for us- my Littles carved their own 'lanterns, using real knives, all by themselves. (They also scooped out the seedy goo on their own, another first.)



I must say I was a bit worried- turning over sharp pointy knives to my kiddos, who are still so little in my mind. They were very responsible, though, and followed every direction to the letter. No one was even scratched, and they are so proud of their creations this year.



I must say, I love them... especially the eyebrows. Great job, my big Littles. Excellent job.


See our past Lanterns: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment