Tuesday, May 23, 2017

After They've Gone































 The end of the school year is fast approaching, and I've been making a deliberate effort to really enjoy the hour or so in the mornings immediately after the kiddos go to school. Our daily rhythm is about to drastically change, and though this won't be wholly new to us, this will be the first round concluding with both kiddos away. In a little over a week I'll have to shift gears from making my own schedule and filling my own day to having my Littles back with me full-time.

When the school year first started and my last baby started Kindergarten, I thought I'd struggle with some kind of pseudo-empty nester feelings... but of course like everything else in life a new rhythm developed and everyone adjusted. Throughout the course of the year, I've actually come to relish the freedom that comes with six hours a day all to myself!  

There will be a lot of fun to be had in the coming summer months, to be sure! But I know there will also be mornings when I miss the quiet, stillness, and solitude of post-drop off school mornings. So for now, while my babes are off doing all the fun things that their dear teachers have planned for them in these last few days, I'll be here at home trying to appreciate every quiet moment that I get after they've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment