Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Right Now



Right now I'm...

...doing a load of short-sleeved laundry and reaching for my thick socks and sweatshirts again after last night's cold front that dropped us over 20 degrees back down into the seasonally "normal" range.
...wishing for just one or two more days like this weekend for a do-over! I spent most of the fleetingly beautiful weather of this past weekend on the couch sucking on cough drops and downing ibuprofen like it was going out of style.
...feeling glad the weekend wasn't wasted despite my absence from it- we got 90% of our new well house up! (and by 'we' I mean the hubs, the father-in-law, and the Littles)
...smiling whenever I walk through the garage- I might not have a garden worked out yet, but my seeds have found a way to grow anyway! In the crack between the garage and the driveway there are mescaline and hollyhock sprouts!
...looking forward to the Mother Earth News Fair in just a few more weeks! For the first time evah they're coming down to Texas and guess who's wrist bands came in the maiiiiil over the weekend? Yeeeesssss!
...also excited about my apiary equipment brand number that came the same time as my fair wrist bands... it was a good mail day! Now all I need are my spring bees!

Right now I'm on the mend (finally!), I've got bees on the brain, and my house is flooding with sunshine (so who cares if it's only 33 outside?). Also, my big smart 4-year-old is starting to write me letters. So I guess right now I'm doin' pretty good.


"Hola! Mama! I love you! From! Henry! I love you! Mama!"


No comments:

Post a Comment