Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Little Orchard






We got our little fruit trees in the ground today. I'd only planned on budgeting the morning and maybe an hour or so after lunch to complete the project, but I was way off... it took me almost all day. I wrapped up and put tools and buckets away just in time to make dinner!

Henry was a great helper, with his own little gloves, shovel, and hammer. While we were prepping the holes I went a little Forest Gump/Bubba on him and started talking about all the things we'd do with our fruit once the trees were established- fresh frozen, preserves, pies, ciders, smoothies... When I asked him what he plans on doing with our future harvests, he just said, "I'm gonna eat 'em."

Well alrighty then. I guess we all have dreams for this little orchard of ours, and I know I'm not the only one excited about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment