Monday, July 13, 2015

Right Now




Right now, I'm...

...on quite a cinnamon kick! In the last few days we've had cinnamon swirl bread which became cinnamon french toast, then there were cinnamon rolls, and then a very cinnamony pumpkin pie... and I'm not burned out on it yet.
...watching two cardinals chase each other in and out of our burn pile, and realizing we're way past due for a fire... that pile is getting to be an eyesore.
...wondering what crock pot, salad, and one-pot meals I can find for our weekly menu so I don't have to turn on the oven- we're going to hit the century mark at least three out of seven days this week, or so they say.
...thinking I'd better dig out the mister for the chickies this morning. Poor girls. Also, I guess I'd better plan on Leeloo being in the laundry room in the afternoons now... so that probably means we need to give her another bath. Summer's heeeeeeere!
...realizing I need to make time to start watering again.
...listening to the kids begin to stir; despite the non-stop water play this weekend they have not slept in even once (booooo).
...looking forward to my next beekeepers' meeting tonight!

Right now I'm gearing up for a hot, hot week with kiddos inside and doubled efforts toward keeping plants and animals watered and alive. I really hate this part of summer, but thankfully it's a small piece of the big picture. So here we go, it's gonna be a scorcher!

Stay cool, and happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment