Monday, January 13, 2014

Right Now









Right now, I'm... exhausted... and I'm not even one of the top three hardest-working people of the weekend (though Henry waking me up every night screaming at the top of his lungs for no real reason lately could be what's bringing me down...).

This weekend saw lots of sunshine, lots of windows open, and lots of housework. We had parents up early Saturday morning, and they didn't leave until after breakfast today. All weekend long they toiled, and today we have two new water heaters- installed and working wonderfully- and a working gas fireplace.

I really didn't contribute much to these projects, but I did have a lot of quality time with the kiddos and their Grammy, and we kept busy. And today I get my chance to contribute with the cleanup from said projects.

Old water heaters disposed of? Check (gave them away on Craig's List!).

All parts, pieces, and tools cleared out of our living spaces? Check.

Dust contained? Check.

Rogue fluffs and tufts of insulation rounded up? Check.

Floors either vacuumed, swept, or mopped? Check, check, check.

Bazillions of loads of dishes and laundry done with on-demand hot water? Oh, check!

We're a little off our game today from the upturned spaces and routine still lingering from this weekend, but it's been worth it, and we'll be back on track soon. In the mean time, did anyone call for a hot shower?

Yes, please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment