Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Week of Elving, Day 4

Last year, I made my first attempt at homemade body care products (we did lip balm, beard balm, and a leather polish/conditioner while we were at it... not really body care but many similar ingredients!).

This year, after finally finally resupplying my stash of 'chapstick'-style containers (they are surprisingly hard to find in bulk at an affordable price and with reasonable shipping times), I was able to make a second round of lip balm. Even though my bees weren't able to share any honey with us this year, we were able to save up a nice little stash of wax, so this years' balm features our beeswax with peppermint and citrus...




...and learning from my first attempt, this years' batch is also smoother and super glossy! This was a fun little project, and I can't wait to share 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment