Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Grass


We've had so much rain. Our soil is so saturated that it's been able to successfully prevent the mower from getting out and around in the areas most frequented by our family. Couple that with the fact that the rest of our property is torn up from the last time we were clearing it (with ruts, exposed boulders, and uncleared brush)........... well, what I'm getting around to saying is through no fault of ours we haven't mowed in a reeeeeeeeeally long time.


I personally think it's beautiful. It's amazing to see the wild blooms that appear when all the plants and grasses are left to their own devices! The hubs, on the other hand, is positively twitching to get out there and rein it in.

I must admit it's a little spooky walking through grass that's up past my waist... I'm always afraid I'll step on something thorny or poisonous, since I can't see my feet or the path in front of me!

In fact, just the other afternoon I came across a really big turtle hiding in the grass.........



...lucky for me, though, it was the happy, non-biting, crime-fighting kind.

That was a close one, though.

Gotta love that tall spring grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment