Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Time With Him







With Sister at school for most of the day, I find myself experiencing some of the sweetness in this bittersweet change for our family- time with Henry, just the two of us. With no older sibling to play second fiddle to, it's been amazing to watch this Little blossom.

He talks so. much. It's been eye-opening to hear what goes through his head, now that he can express his thoughts without being interrupted by his Big!

He plays amazingly well on his own, and seems to relish being able to claim a spot in the living room and do what he wants to do for as long as he wants to do it.

He's an ambitious helper. With no turns to share, he's by my side all morning long watering plants, feeding animals, vacuuming, pushing the shopping cart, and asking to help with every task that comes our way.

He's a love bug. He hugs my legs whenever I stand still for a few moments, sits as close as possible to me whenever he gets the chance, pats my back when we're reading, and tells me he loves me all the time.

Now, all this is not to say that Audrey is a drag to have around, of course. But it's an interesting development in this change in dynamics in our day. It's hard not to feel a little guilty, really, for not providing him more opportunity up to this point to spread his wings.

Ah well, it all comes out in the wash, yes?

What a guy he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment