Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Looking... WAY... Ahead

It happens every year... I can't explain it... right about this time, right when the weather really starts feeling hot, I start thinking about Christmas.

I know, I know.

Wishful thinking for cooler temps? Maybe. Anticipation of a most beloved time of year? That might have something to do with it. Assertion of the planning, organizing, Type-A personality? Ah. That's probably it.

Either way, it's hit me again. I've been letting The Christmas List linger in the back of my mind here and there the last few days, and I've even been taking the liberty of jotting down a few ideas as they come.

Don't get me wrong, I am the epitome of the anti-commercial, anti-rush, slow-down-and-be-in-the-moment kinda gal, especially when it comes to the holidays. I am certainly not trying to wish away the seasons we have left between now and when the first glimpses of red and green start popping up. However, if I want to live a life that is more thoughtful, more hand-made, and more frugal, for me that takes planning. Also, I am a very slow crafter, sewer, knitter, and maker. The more time I have, the merrier (ha, ha).

Amidst the almost-summertime projects, the to-do lists around the house, the seasonal celebrations here and soon coming, and just the being we're doing, though, my mind occasionally wanders... and as one might sit down with a favorite TV show at the end of the day, I sit down at my portal to the world wide web, glass of wine in hand, and spend a little time digging up ideas, inspiration, and resources to fuel me as I start to draw up what I want to cultivate as we near the end of our calendar year.

Still shuddering at the very thought?

Perhaps if I share a peek at some of the great inspirational resources I've stumbled upon, you would think me less mad. Great ideas for gifts for loved ones the whole year 'round, not just the Big C! Check 'em out:

Tip Junkie Homemade Gifts
Crunchy Betty Homemade Gifts
Soule Mama Projects
Gift Wrapping Ideas

So now I've outed myself, now you know... But perhaps my early plotting and planning can find its way to a few bookmarks here and there, and in a few more months when it becomes more rational to be thinking about the holidays, this post won't seem quite as out of place.

Ahem.


At least I'm not listening to Christmas carols................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment