Friday, January 27, 2012

In The Grip





 



 
 
I have really been in the grip of a major sewing whim lately... today was project number... um... I dunno... four? A carrier for Big Sister and her oh-so-important babies, from a thrifted pink and purple polka-dot cotton sheet! The whole time I was at the sewing machine, she was hovering over my shoulder, asking, "Is my carrier for my babies ready yet, Mama?" It really took me about an hour to put together, start to finish, if you don't count the extra time added by my remedial skills when it comes to hand-sewing snaps. Anyho, once I presented the finished product to AudreyMama (as she calls herself), there was much excitement... it was quite well received, and with much enthusiasm (whew).



It has been hard to spot her without it ever since. I would call that a success (pattern from Creative Play for Your Toddler: Steiner Waldorf Expertise and Toy Projects, 2-4s, by Christopher Clouder).

No comments:

Post a Comment