Monday, July 20, 2009

Long Night

I haven't had a night with Audrey like last night in so long! I don't know what gives, but Audrey just would not wind down and go to sleep last night. I'm hoping all this trouble can be contributed to teething, because if that isn't it, I have no idea what was up!

We put her to bed at about 7:45pm, and she cried and squirmed until 9:20pm, fell asleep for about 20 minutes, then woke back up and cried and squirmed until 10:30pm. She also woke up at 1:30am, 5am, and 6:45am to fuss and rearrange. When I got her up at 7:30am, she was in a great mood, despite a crusty nose from crying, and no new teeth to speak of. What a mystery. She's napping perfectly as I write this, so who knows what the problem was. The only thing I can say for sure is this: the most predictable thing about my baby is that she's unpredictable. She's taught me to never get too comfortable with "routine," because she'll change it up just to keep me on my toes! But she's always worth it... she is truly wonderful. Here's hoping we'll see some new pearly whites soon so we can write off the quirkiness as teething and get back on the ball!

On a different note, laying awake in bed watching Audrey on the monitor as she squirmed and fussed gave my mind a lot of time to wander last night, and I found myself thinking about- of all things- Christmas. Is it wrong that I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year? I can't wait to officially introduce Audrey to what she'll come to love about Christmas: the traditions, the family togetherness, the music, the decorations, the old beloved cartoons and movies... as I hide out from the 90% humidity and 100-degree temperatures that is this July, my mind is already making plans to make every moment count come the holidays, and that is something I am finding really fun to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment