Thursday, September 6, 2018

Visiting :: Fredericksburg















I took my guy to the Texas Wine Country on his last weekend this side of 40, and we had a great time. We toured a vineyard, 4 wineries, ate off the beaten path for 99% of our meals, joined a wine club that supports an ancient family-owned winery in Israel, and got to hang out with some dear friends while we were at it.

Also, did I mention the impromptu chocolate tasting? Or the olive oil tasting? Because we did that, too.

So.

Good.

But it was mostly a celebration of him, his newly budding interest in fermentation and brewing, and the amazing food one can find with a little research.

It was a splendid farewell to his 30's, if I may say so myself... and what's weird to think about is after this next turn around the sun, I'll have known him for half his life, and loved him for just about as long.

Time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment