Friday, June 29, 2018

Edgar


Introducing Edgar, a blue-black raven of a tiny little rooster gifted to us by a friend with too many roosters and not enough space. He was the lowest guy on the totem pole, and he comes to us a bit picked at with no tail feathers, but he's as sweet as can be (he rode home on my lap). My girls don't know what to do with him yet, and are testing his resolve for sure, but even though he's only half their size he's holding his own! And I'm super excited to add a more watchful member to the flock, as I'm considering expanding their yard into an area much more open with way less cover. An extra pair of eyeballs will be excellent!

Last night I was sitting out with my girls, watching them get to know their new beau, and little ol' Edgar decided to sing them a love song:


The 'honk' at the end kills me every time!

Welcome to the fam, Edgar!

No comments:

Post a Comment