Monday, May 28, 2018

Away from Home

Because of our new rhythm (aka due to me working full time), my kiddos have been very strategically and thoroughly booked for the summer. They are super excited about all the plans. I am a little concerned about the non-stop pace. I guess we'll have to go with it and tweak it as needed... or as we're able to, anyway.

This weekend they headed off on their first summer adventure: a week with their grandparents. They're starting with my mom and dad and will switch to my in-laws at the halfway point to finish off the week.

Last night we had a date night and slept in even after letting the dog out in the morning.

Today the house just seems too quiet.

It did occur to me that this weekend would be a good day to clean and purge the kid spaces, however, so the emptiness wasn't all bad...


...and the purge needed to happen y'all. So now all the trash is out, all the too-small summer clothes are in the thrift store bag, and there are fresh sheets on everyone's beds, ready for the little bodies that belong in them to come back home.


And believe me, it's not just me that feels a little empty when they're both away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment