Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Garden Manicures


We did some major garden clean-up and prep in that tiny little break from the rain we had over the weekend. My little gardeners even got out there and helped for a bit, digging up the rest of the carrots to free up the bed for spring seedlings, raking weeds out of the garden paths, and some general cleanup and back-and-forth between the compost pile and the chicken coop.

I'm happy to say that at this point it looks like we're already doing better with our spring onions than what went down with last year's, and I'm betting in the next month or so we'll be able to pull our fall garlic (if the constant rain doesn't rot them all in the ground before they're ready). This weekend I'm shooting for planting some greens and distributing some flower seeds, and in another week or so we'll be sowing root crops and nasturtiums!



The ramping up into Spring is one of my favorite times of year, and don't you just love those garden manicures? I sure do. Queenie, however, does not seem impressed..................

No comments:

Post a Comment