Thursday, July 27, 2017

She Reads







When Audrey gets back to school and has her turn telling her class what she did this summer, I'm afraid all she's going to say is, "I read books." ...because that's seemingly all she does these days (though we've had other stuff going on, I swear!).

Every time I turn around, every time I pass through a room, there's Audrey with her nose in another book. We've been participating in our local library's summer reading challenge this summer, wherein each participant completes 5-hour reading logs to earn an invitation to a water park party, and Audrey has completed four of them thus far. She usually has hers finished in less than 2 days and is stuck waiting for Bubba and Mama to catch up (which doesn't bother her, she just keeps reading while she waits). It's totally her thing right now.

Honestly, I was the exact same way when I was her age, and it makes me so happy to see her get it.

So if anyone asks what Audrey likes to do with her summer down time- she plays with her Bubba, she swims, she snacks, she plays Minecraft... but mostly, she reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment