Thursday, January 22, 2015

On the Needles, Off the Needles

It has been so long since I knitted anything. Seriously. Like, I can't even remember what the last thing was that I made. I don't know why I fell out of the habit of having something handy here and there to work on when the opportunity arose, but I did. Was it the heat of summer? Maybe. Nondescript "busy" stuff? More likely... and what a shame.

Today, however, changed all that. There are two dear couples-friends of ours who are expecting this spring/summer, and this morning it occurred to me to start making something for them. The first thing I reached for? Yarn.

Specifically, the remnants of the yarn we bought a few years ago in Austin for Henry. There was just enough left for a sweet little hat for a sweet new little man. I cast on during Henry's gymnastics class this morning, and cast off right after he went down for his nap.




Quick to start, quick to finish, beautiful yarn to work with... yes. This was the perfect little project to ease me back into the groove. Now, don't I have something pink around here for the sweet little girl coming soon, too...........?

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's such a sweet little hat - and a gorgeous colour too - perfect baby knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! I hope the little guy will stay small enough to use it more than once... but we all know how fast those first months fly by!

      Delete